Monday, July 2, 2012

Japanese Red Maple

Told Pat that couldn't do much more to front yard until we put in retaining walls, new front walk, add a portico..... But I would like to put in a Japanese Red Maple. Question is to put so it's in front of big front window or to the side. I like it to be smack in the middle because then later I will put Dwarf Alberta Spruce at front corner and the view from that to maple to humongous spruce behind it will be a great view.



I think I like the type at the top that is weeping the best. That one is crimson queen.
But that got me thinking about other types of Japanese Maples.....





If you recall I pictured it being about 12 to 15 feet max and many of these are either shorter than that or taller. I'm like the goldilocks of Japanese Maples. See here's an example of it in front yard that is off some to the Right of the house. So doesn't block our view after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest pin something

Follow Me on Pinterest