Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Awesome links from Houzz.com

I'm always on Houzz.com looking for more inspiration or is it more confusion not sure. But I'm addicted. Today found some links for help with split-levels and split-entries.

The first was an article on msn.com called 4 reasons people hate split-levels – and how to fix 'em and included a linke to a slide show of some rebuilds. http://realestate.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=13108528

However, I have also compiled an ideabook on Houzz that has renovated split-level ranches or I've even heard them called splanches. Ouch. Like house just dropped out of sky and "Splanch!" it landed on my foot. Here's the link to my ideabook on Houzz I called Ranch Retrofits just click on picture below.

Architecture, interior design, and more ∨

Hire a decorator to find that just-right sofa and coffee table for your living room.
When remodeling or building a house, landscape gardens, patios and don't forget curb appeal.

Back to that first article mentioned lead me to this guide from Minnesota for how to fix your split. I love the watercolors in this guide. Makes me want to get out the watercolor paint and try again. Need to take a class though instead of just getting more frustrated. I also found out from this guide about the different types of split's. My house is officially a split-entry long faced. Split Visions

From the ideabook on Houzz.com and also happens to be in Minnesota and even cooler designed by Knight Construction Design (not related as far as I know but 100's of cousins) this is probably my favorite. Unfortunately it's not quite the same kind of split entry since garage off to side not under bedrooms.

Traditional Exterior by Chanhassen Design-Build Firms Knight Construction Design | Chanhassen, Minnesota

So feel free to add to the ideabook or email me pictures of your ranch or split-entry or split-level. Maybe if we post a bunch of "befores" there will be more "afters". 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest pin something

Follow Me on Pinterest